It is possible to enter and use our website without any indication of personal data; however, if you would like to use certain features incorporated in our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. Our data protection declaration is based on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, hereinafter “GDPR”)
As the controller, We Are Not A Shop has implemented numerous measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website.
Collection of Information
When you use the Service, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. The processing of personal data, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone/mobile of a data subject shall always be in line with the EU’s GDPR.
We collect different types of information from you if and when you register on our site. The legal bases for We Are Not A Shop processing of personal data are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Service and that the processing is carried out with legitimate interests.
1. What personal information do we collect, and where do we obtain it from?
– Your name
– Your contact details, namely your e-mail address/es, telephone number/s, mailing address and delivery address
– ID card number or passport number
– Other documents as may be necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
We gather the above information by requesting it from the clients themselves. We may also receive professional information about you from other sources, including publicly available information.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
– Provide you with our services
– Answer your questions and requests for service
– Provide you with information
– Send you important notices or communications, such as delivery times, or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
– For internal purposes such as billing, auditing and research, and to maintain our client database; and
– To ensure we have up-to-date contact information
We may also be required to process your personal data for the purpose of:
– Compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidance and codes; – To disclose data to third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
– To disclose data to third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
– We engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include third party delivery services and processing credit card payments. They may require access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the GDPR.
– Compliance with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, Governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, and complying with a judicial process or arbitral procedure, or in connection with any dispute or litigation, subject to our obligations of professional secrecy as may be applicable in the particular circumstances where such data is requested.
3. How do we use the information collected?
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
4. Period of Storage of Personal Data
The criteria we use to determine the period of storage and storage limitation is in line with GDPR (Art 5(1)(e)) therefore, personal data shall not be retained longer than necessary, in relation to the purpose for which such data is processed.
After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the agreement or the initiation of an agreement between Client and We Are Not A Shop.
If a Client demands the erasure of personal data concerning him or her, we endeavour to erase that personal data without undue delay unless contrary to our statutory rights and obligations, or if such personal data shall be required in the interest of public health, scientific or historical research, or for statistical purposes; Or whether such personal data is needed for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To make sure that you can control your personal information we enable you to:
Ask to view the personal information we hold about you;
Request that any personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant or out-of-date be amended or deleted;
Have your personal information deleted, if such deletion is permissible by law and/or will not prejudice our position at law.
5. Will your data be transferred abroad?
Your personal data may be freely transferred outside the national territory to countries located in the European Union should this be necessary to fulfil our services. Should your personal data be transferred to countries outside the EU this shall occur exclusively in compliance with the appropriate and adequate guarantees for the purpose of the extended transfer in accordance with the applicable legislation and in particular article 27 of the Data Protection Act and articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR.
6. Direct Marketing
We only send mail, messages and other communications relating to marketing where we are authorised to do so at law. In most cases we rely on your consent to do so (especially where we use electronic communications). If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from us please let us know by contacting us at the details below or update your preferences on our site. In the case of direct marketing sent by electronic communications (where we are legally authorised to do so) You will be given an easy way of opting out (or unsubscribing) from any such communications. Please note that even if you withdraw any consent you may have given us or if you object to receiving such direct marketing material from us (in those cases where we do not need your consent), from time to time we may still need to send you certain important communications from which you cannot opt-out.
7. Social Media
If you choose to connect one or more of your social media accounts with our site (if this option is available) to enable the sharing of Personal Data via social media platforms, certain categories of Personal Data relating to you from your social media account(s) will be shared with us.
Please read these conditions carefully before placing an order with We are Not a Shop. By placing an order with We are Not a Shop, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
1. OUR CONTRACT
Your order is an offer to We are Not a Shop to receive goods in recognition of donations rendered. When you make a donation to We are Not a Shop, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt thereof and your entitlement to receive a gift in recognition of the same donation as detailed on our website. We offer a free delivery service to Malta for orders valued Eur25 and over, for donations under this amount there will be a charge of Eur2.50 per delivery. We unable to provide a delivery service to Gozo and overseas, due to the current situation, but this will be put in force as soon as possible
You consent to receive communications regarding donations electronically. Electronic communications will be made available in pdf format in the Your Account area of the web site. For each delivery, we will inform you in our Dispatch Confirmation E-mail if an electronic confirmation is available.
2. PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
All prices are inclusive of legally applicable VAT.
We list availability information for products sold by us on the website including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if any products you order turn out to be unavailable and you will not be charged for those products.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our website may be mispriced. We will verify pricing when processing your order and before we take payment. If we have made a mistake and a product’s correct price is higher than the price on the website, we may either contact you before dispatch to request whether you want to buy the product at the correct price or cancel your order. If a product’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and send you the product.
3. RETURNING YOUR GOODS
Should you not be satisfied with the quality of the goods received these may be returned. Items must be returned by post or by courier, together with a copy of your Order Acknowledgment email, delivery receipt and an indication regarding the payment card with which you paid for the goods. You agree to return the goods in full, in a resalable condition and We are Not a Shop also asks that you return the packaging with the goods where possible. You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods.
Returned goods must always be in original packing and in a re-saleable condition. You agree to take reasonable care of the goods from the time that they are delivered to you until the time that they are returned. We Are Not A Shop will reimburse you using the same means of payment that you used to pay us, unless agreed otherwise.
4. PRODUCT INFORMATION
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, We are Not a Shop is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information to that displayed on our website. Ingredients may also change. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings and directions provided with the product before use.
For healthcare products, in the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product, please carefully read the information provided with the product or contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist or other licensed healthcare professional. Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition. accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.